Summer hours of 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. go into effect March 1 for many Johnson County (Kansas) Park and Recreation District parks. These summer hours will stay in effect through Oct. 31.
District parks impacted by the change in hours are:
- Shawnee Mission Park, 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee and Lenexa
- Heritage Park, 16050 Pflumm Road, Olathe
- Kill Creek Park, 11670 Homestead Lane, Olathe
- Lexington Lake Park, 8850 Sunflower Road, De Soto
- Big Bull Creek Park, 20425 Sunflower Road, Edgerton
Summer hours for Antioch Park, 6501 Antioch Road, Merriam, are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Other District parks with year-round dawn to dusk hours include:
- Ernie Miller Park, 909 North Kansas 7 Highway, Olathe
- Sunflower Nature Park, 103rd St. and Edgerton Road, rural De Soto
- Thomas S. Stoll Memorial Park, 12500 W. 119th Street, Overland Park
- Camp Branch Glade, 175th & Mission Road in Aubry Township
- Stilwell Community Park, 207th and Metcalf, Stilwell
- All of the Streamway Parks System access points
Park hours are reduced each winter to reduce costs and to allow for the reallocation of staff time to other activities at a time when fewer people typically visit the parks because of colder weather and earlier nightfall.
For more information, visit the district’s website at www.jcprd.com or call 913-888-4713.
Photo courtesy Johnson County Parks and Recreation District